Sunday, March 9, 2008

i was expelled out...

Legendary basketball coach John Wooden (1988), in his book They Call Me Coach, once said, “Things turn out the best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” From the outset of my college life, I have been challenged to make the best of every situation and surpass the limitations set before me.
I received a full scholarship from Ateneo de Naga University under the Consuelo “Chito” Madrigal Foundation (Bicol). For the first time, in that “brainy-position”, I stepped into a genius role in where I have to believe and make others believe that I am really an intelligent student. It was a struggle because I really am was not fond of getting into a serious study habits. Although I do not remember the very detail of this struggle, the same grit and determination exist within me to this day. I never want to admit defeat and I always want to go further than the expectations/limitations others or myself have set before me.

No comments: